Thank you for your interest in hosting your own fundraiser in support of VLG. Whatever you choose to do, the funds raised from your event will ensure our staff can continue to provide the highest quality care, programming and medical equipment possible for those who call VLG home.
Why We Need Your Support
Villa Leonardo Gambin is a registered charity that relies heavily on community donations to cover the costs of capital projects and services not covered under the Government funding provided and cannot be covered under the annual operating budget. At Villa Leonardo Gambin, donations directly impact the lives of the residents we are so honoured to care for. The money raised is reinvested in the home to ensure the residents have the highest quality of care and that the home is always well-maintained.
Some of the ways in which donations have made an impact are as follows:
- Purchase of new technologically advanced beds for residents through The Better Beds Fundraising Campaign.
- Virtual Reality equipment and software for in-house Therapeutic Virtual Reality Program.
- Activity Room Renovations on all home areas.
- Camera system which can broadcast to the televisions in resident’s rooms from the Multi-purpose Room allowing residents with mobility issues to participate in events.
- The purchase of sails in the front and side courtyard so that residents can enjoy more time outdoors.
- Therapeutic dolls for the Alzheimer residents which is an effective way to decrease stress and agitation. These realistic dolls also put responsibility, caring and structure back into the lives of those afflicted with this disease. s New Christmas trees throughout the home.
- Patio furniture in the front courtyard.
- Expansion of the original home to include the Multi-purpose Room for resident programming and events.
- The addition of the Café where residents gather on a daily basis to socialize.
- Yearly capital upgrades to the home to ensure the residence is kept in good condition and runs efficiently.
- Support of additional program funding when needed.