To donate toward Better Beds Click here
The Original Bed
Invacare Carroll Echo Hospital Bed
Reasons the original beds need replacement:
- The beds are over 10 years old and often break down
- Replacement parts are difficult to find
- Beds do not have lights at the bottom of the bed which increases risk of falls, especially at night
- There is not a built-in alarm system to help with fall prevention
- Beds do not have an integrated weight and BMI scale which increases the risk of injury for more vulnerable residents.
- Low bed with integrated weighing scale
- BMI scale
- Automatic underbed light
- Mobilization sticks on both sides
- Central brake
- Automatic chair and comfort positions
- Telescopic wall protector
- “Early Fall Prevention System” – Before a fall happens, the system sends an alarm signal.
Our Families & Staff Say …
“Our mom is a recent recipient of one of Villa Gambin’s new Better Beds. We are very grateful that mom’s bed has been upgraded. We feel that it greatly improves her comfort, her safety and the overall care that she receives at this wonderful facility. A special thanks to the staff of superheroes at VLG!”
The Deotto Family
“We as a family donated toward the Better Beds Fundraising Campaign because we thought it was a win-win situation. It was a charitable donation where 100% of the money is used to purchase the bed and most importantly we see the impact that the beds have made with the residents.
Everyone should give what they are able to anafford so all the residents of VLG can have new electric beds.”
Anonymous, Family Member
“The new beds are the best because they’re more comfortable for the residents and for the nursing team. The residents can be weighed in the comfort of their bed and there’s less bending and lifting for the staff.
We need more of these Better Beds so all the residents can have one.”
Rosanna Farrel, PSW
“The Better Beds Campaign was an amazing eort by the VLG board and staff to bring their home to the forefront of the healthcare industry.
This second phase to ensure everyone gets a Better Bed just goes to show how much they care. In my opinion, these beds are a great investment and should be every donor’s top priority.”
P. Vecchiarelli, Donor
“We are so grateful for the new beds at VLG. We have peace of mind knowing that the moment my dad tries to get out of bed, an alarm is triggered for a nurse at the front desk to go and assist him. It also has varying positions and the entire bed lowers for ease of getting in and out. All of the bed’s features assist in lowering my father’s fall risk and make mobility in and out of bed much easier.”
Lori Francescutti, Family Member